Delivering high quality products requires good workmanship and the right tools to do the job. At Boyce Precision Engineering, we invest heavily in our machines, and in inspection and quality monitoring equipment. We have a purpose built inspection facility on site, containing a wide range of high performance and high specification calibrated inspection equipment, to enable us to complete tasks with precision. This includes:
- Digital verniers to measure internal and external distances with accurately
- Digital micrometers to measure with extreme accuracy to 0.0005 inches and 0.001mm
- Digital bore micrometers to accurately measure the inside diameter of a hole, cylinder or pipe.
- A digital height gauge to measure the difference in height of two points
- Slip gauges to produce precision lengths
- Pin gauges to determine the acceptability of diameters of drilled or machined holes
- Thread gauges (metric and imperial) to determine the pitch of a thread on a screw or in a tapped hole
- CMM Machine – our coordinate measurement machine enables us to accurately measure and verify geometrical tolerance and the dimensions of a product
We are also equipped with top of the range computers to aid programming, and the latest CAM software, MasterCAM X9 to simplify workflows and reduce setup times. With state of the art software we can enhance manufacturing efficiency and tool life. All necessary staff are fully trained and competent in the use of the software package.