Delivering a high-quality product requires good workmanship and the right tools to do the job. At Boyce Precision Engineering, we invest heavily in our production machinery, and in inspection and quality monitoring equipment. We have a purpose-built inspection facility on site, containing a wide range of high performance and high specification calibrated inspection equipment, to enable us to complete tasks with precision. This equipment includes:
- Digital verniers to measure internal and external distances with accurately
- Digital micrometres to measure with extreme accuracy to 0.0005 inches and 0.001mm
- Digital bore micrometres to accurately measure the inside diameter of a hole, cylinder, or pipe.
- A digital height gauge to measure the difference in height of two points
- Slip gauges to produce precision lengths
- Pin gauges to determine the acceptability of diameters of drilled or machined holes
- Thread gauges (metric and imperial) to determine the pitch of a thread on a screw or in a tapped hole
- CMM Machine – our coordinate measurement machine enables us to accurately measure and verify geometrical tolerance and the dimensions of a product
To create the programs which control our CNC machines, our programming team use purpose built, high spec computers and the latest CAM software. We are equipped with HyperMILL and Mastercam to help produce the NC code, and use Vericut simulation software to ensure accuracy, reduce the risk of machine collision, and reduce prove out time during new product introduction.